Monday, September 3, 2012

September 3, 2012


Dear Family:

Hey everyone!!! How is it going? What is new?  CAN YOU BELIEVE IT...6 WEEKS TO GO!!!!! Isn't it just so crazy!?! Everyone getting ready and excited?:)

So just like you guys guessed, these next couple of days are going to be busy! We will be going tomorrow to Accra to get the new missionaries. So tomorrow we will be going to the temple, even though no one is going home, just to be able to feel the Spirit there, and then spend the night at the MTC and then Wednesday we will be taking them back to Cape and it will be transfer day. But I  wanted to take this chance to email you guys!

This past week Pres. had interviews throughout the whole mission. We traveled around with him and went on splits while he did the interviews. We were able to got out and really help the missionaries to improve their teaching skills and to also not be afraid to open their mouths and share the gospel. One thing that we are reiterating throughout the mission is the importance of gospel conversations. We need to be able to have a normal conversation with people and then introduce the gospel. Too often we just jump into "My name is Elder.... We are missionaries from ...". When we contact it all about who we are, but when we have gospel conversations it is about them. As we converse with him we get to know them, and then share that part of the gospel suited for them and introduce in that way. It is a lot more effective then giving a sales pitch with minimal result. But the missionaries are improving. We have been noticing that our numbers haven't been so hot for the past few weeks, but we are bouncing back. One of the greatest things that I have really come to love and appreciate is helping a missionary, teaching him something he can improve on and then seeing the change that occurs. They apply the thing that you just helped them to improve on and see them become successful! It has been a really cool thing to see!

As I prepare to serve the Lord these remaining 6 weeks, I am very excited. I am excited to be able to use all the experience and knowledge I have gained in the last 23 months and give it my all in these last 6 weeks. I am ready to work as hard as I can in these 6 weeks. I know that the Lord needs me there. There is a purpose he has placed me there and I am ready to find that reason. There are missionaries and investigators that I need to help there. And I am excited because this is my final transfer in the field. My mission has come and gone in a blink of an eye, but i am ready for that next stage in life, and not only that but to see all of you again! I really do miss all of you, I love you all so much! Pray for me and get ready because 6 weeks is no time at all:)

I love you guys! By this time next week it will be greetings from Assin Foso!:) Love you all!

Love your son and Brother

Elder Ryan S. Alba

No comments:

Post a Comment