Dear Family:
As a missionary, for 2 years of your life, you have been called and commissioned to seek out the lost "sheep" of our Heavenly Father. After finding the "99", you continue to seek out the "lost 1," only to realize it is you. I was the "lost sheep" that I was sent out on a mission to find. Throughout the journey of the past 2 years, I have found myself. I have had countless experiences, meet so many people that have changed my life and testified to me of the divinity of the work. As you consecrate these 2 years to serving the Lord, to learning all that you can from every aspect of the work, these will be the best 2 years FOR your life.Every area you serve in, every companion you are with is for a purpose and a reason. Look for the good, learn all that you ca, and find the reason the Lord has placed you there. It is when you look back, that you will be able to see not just the impact you made there, but also the impact it has made in you. Success as a missionary is not dependent upon how many baptisms you have, what leadership positions you held, but how Christ-like you become. I owe the past two years and all that I have learned to my companions, recent converts, Pres. and Sis. Shulz, and most especially to the Lord. A mission truly is the MTC for life. Find joy in the journey, and discover who you are and who you can become.
Today we had our P-day, and so we traveled to cape so that we could collect our subsistence. We also played futbol with two other zones. We had a lot of fun! It was crazy though to say good bye to these elders. The zone leaders in these zones I will see one more time at zone council, but the rest of the missionaries I will never see again. It was so crazy! I realized today that one of the hard things that comes as you finish your mission is not just saying good bye to your recent converts and to Ghana, but to the missionaries as well. It meant a lot to me to hear many of these elders thanking me and telling me that they would miss having me here on mission. It really helped me to see the impact that I have made in these elders life. I have made so many friends out here on mission that I am going to really miss and hope to keep in touch with after mission. Though many I will never meet again in this life, I know we will meet again.
We have had another good week! We have been working a lot with the members. We try and visit the members as much as we can. Any time we have a free time we will go and just visit with them, be friendly with them and serve in any way possible. They are really great! our stake pres. is a great guy who really looks out for us! I admire him a lot! We are planning to have a baptism this week, 4 candidates. all teenagers who live with members, some even part member families, but all of them are solid and will be great members in the future!
I miss you guys and can't wait for 3 weeks!!! I am so excited!!!!:) I love you!
Love your son and brother,
Elder Ryan S. Alba
No comments:
Post a Comment