Dear Family:
Congratulations Melissa!! She is beautiful!!! Look at that black hair!!! I am so happy that I am an uncle again!!!! That is great!!! What's her name?
Hey everyone and greetings from Assin Foso!!! How is it going? What's new? How is life back at home? Can you believe it only 5 weeks left!! I keep thinking, where is the time going?
So this past week was my last week in as the AP. On Monday we spent all day cleaning the apartment and getting everything ready for the switch. Elder Kinikini came that night and then early the next day we left to Accra. Since we didn't have any missionaries going home, and didn't really have anything else to do in accra, pres. allowed us to go to the temple. we attended one session. It was a great session. I went to the temple for a couple of reasons in mind. I went to the temple to feel the Holy Spirit testify to me that our Heavenly Father was pleased with the time and efforts while serving Him as the AP. And the second reason was for the Spirit to testify to me that I was being sent to Foso for a reason, and that very soon upon my arrival i would find that reason. And third I was wondering about school. For the answer to school, I received in the celestial room. I was pondering about these things and opened to the scriptures. I can't remember at the moment which scripture it was, but next week I will tell you. It pretty much was talking about the importance of acquiring intellect, but also the importance of also find things of the Spirit. And then I received the answer that for now I just needed to get things ready for school, and upon my arrival I would figure out the where. It was very interesting answer.
I had a sweet comforting feeling as I ponder these things. I really felt that Our Heavenly Father was pleased with the things that I was able to achieve as the AP. I felt like I had done all that I could and that He was pleased with what I had done for Him. I felt that I had fulfilled the purpose that the Father had in putting me there, and that I would receive great blessings because of what I had done. The second about Foso, I also truly felt that yes there was a reason that the Lord had put me here. I could have been put anywhere but he had placed me here for a reason, and that He would help me find that reason.
Then we went to the MTC, the final time there, and met the new missionaries. We had 16 missionaries there at the MTC and one will come this week making 17. I got to see Elder Kouakou again for the final time, he is working at the MTC as a teacher and also recently got married. I was glad to see him! He is a great guy and is seeing great blessing come from serving a mission.
The next morning (4:30 am) we got up and ready to come back to cape. We had the new elders orientation and then it was off to take them and all the other elders to the various stations they need to go to get to their area. After everyone was off, we then loaded up my stuff into the mission van and off we went to my area. MY new companion is Elder Macauly from Nigeria. He will go home next transfer, right after me, so both of us are at the close of our missions. He is a great guy! Very easy going and we get along great! We both have served hard our whole missions and are now coming to a close to our missions. We are also serving in a sweet area. Assin Foso is full of great members. They are so humble and willing to help you! It is a perfect place to end my mission. This past week we spent most of the time figuring out the area and meeting people. Our area is full of members, it is kind of like mini Utah in the heart of Ghana. The physical area is small, we could walk the whole thing in maybe 1 hour, but there are two wards that we are in. It is a sweet place, a sweet companion, and working hard. It is so crazy that only 5 weeks remain before I come home, it is crazy!
Well my time is up, and I have to go, but I love you guys so much! I am blessed with such an amazing family! You guys have been the best to me over these past two years! i love you all with all my heart, and miss you greatly. Can you believe, only 4 more emails:) I love you guys!
Love your son and brother
Elder Ryan S. Alba
No comments:
Post a Comment