Dear Family:
Hey everyone!!! How is it going? What's new back on the home front? How is everyone doing? What's up?
So first of it is semi-official, my release date is October 17!!! We haven't received the ticket yet, soon though:) But that is the scheduled date. On the 15 I will report to the mission home, the 16 will be the temple and then I will leave Ghana, then arrive home on the 17!!! Crazy huh? I can't even believe it! And you said thats 100 days? Wow!
So this week has been a better week! We have been traveling everywhere in the mission, Elder Nzuki and I. On Tues. we had to travel around the mission and take new telephone numbers and sim cards to all the missionaries. As part of the split, everyone got new numbers that way there is no calling Kumasi or other missionaries, so we took them their new sim cards and traveled on Tues. and Wed. doing that! Then Thurs. we began having the zone conference down here in our mission. We went out to Takoradi/Sekondi for those, those went great! We are instructing on working with members but specifically on what Eld. Nzuki and I have come up with, like the member visits and the lesson outlines. And then Fri. we had to again travel around the mission and this time take missionaries their subsistence. The Subsistence is the money we get each month. Normally they can take it out of the bank, but this past monday the banks had a problem so missionaries only got part of their money. So we did lots of traveling, pretty much drove the whole mission twice this past week, but it has been a good week. We have been able to help the missionaries and be there for them.
This coming week is going to be another busy week. We are having the rest of the zone conferences in the other zones, starting tomorrow and ending on thursday. We are also going on splits/teaching appointments with the missionaries to help them work more effectively with the members and teach them. It is always good teaching the missionaries and helping them. The best part is seeing them grasp the concept and then finding success in doing what you had helped teach them. I have loved seeing that happen.
This week since we have had lots of time driving and thinking I thought a lot about what is fast approaching, coming home. It was neat to reflect back on my mission up to this point and all the things I have learned, the changes I have seen my life and lives of others, and the things that are to come after mission. It was really cool to think about all that. I realized how much has happened in 2 years and all that is yet to come. There is a lot that lies ahead, decision to make, plans to make and to do, but I am excited for all of it! I realized that I need to start thinking, and praying about all that is too come, but I am excited to begin to receive that guidance and knowledge from our Heavenly Father. I have always thought that the closing months of your mission would be the best, and most interesting, and now I can really see why.
Know that I love you guys so much! I really appreciate all that you guys do and continue to do for me! You guys are the best! I love you all so much! Until next week!
Elder Ryan S. Alba
No comments:
Post a Comment