Monday, February 20, 2012

February 20, 2012

Dear Family:


Hey everyone!!!!! How is everyone doing? What's new? How is life back home?


Wow this past week sounds like it was a way good week for everyone! Uncle Sparky and his call, that is great!


And that is great about Chacha!!! I am just in shock!! I am going to come home and have an uncle I have never met...wonder if Lito approves:) Jk Jk I am sure he is the one that set the two up! That is great though I am very happy for her!


I can't believe that you already have my DL! That is amazing! I am totally shocked! That is great! Miracles happen:)


The Packages have also been amazing too!!!!


In other news, this week has been a pretty good week! It has also been way busy!!!! We had a combined district meeting on Tuesday so that we could meet our zone members and so that they could get to know us! Since the zone is young, I decided to give an instruction on "What a successful missionary is." I talked about how a successful missionary is not based on the number of baptisms that you have, the leadership positions that you hold, the numbers you give each week, is not compared to how others are doing; but that a successful missionary is dependent upon how Christlike you become! You become like the Savior as you follow the prinicples taught in Alma 53:20-21! I felt like it was a pretty good instruction and will help the young guys see what the key to success truly is early on in their missions. We have a really good zone, they are all young but have a great desire for the work and are diligent. I look forward to getting to know them and to working with them here in the zone!


So we have been working with a less active named. He hasn't come to church in years because someone offended him, but he has never denied nor given up on his testimony of the church. He was endowed, and this past week we had a powerful lesson with him. I had him think about how he felt when he went to the temple, and told him the same feeling was there at church and that he would still be entitle to those great blessings that are promised in the temple if he came back! It was super powerful lesson! He really felt it and has promised to come to church next week and wants us to go and pick him.


Cool fact, the church building we are in has an elevator!!! First one in 17 months:)


Well have to go but I love you all so much! You are the best! I miss you greatly! I love you all!


Love your son and brother


Elder Ryan S. Alba

No comments:

Post a Comment