Monday, February 13, 2012

February 13, 2012

Dear Family:


Hi everyone!!!!! And happy Valentine's Day! How is everyone doing? What's new? How are things back in SLC?


So I got all three packages and they are great!!!! Thank you so much! I love all the food!!! They are exactly what I need:) You guys are the best!!!! Also they gave you a temporary license right? Could you maybe send a copy of that just until we can get my real one?


So one thing that I would say that you guys did to help our family be a celestial one, is that you instilled a love for the gospel in each of us! In everything that we did, you two would always teach us and more important show us how much the gospel really means to you and how important it is in our lives! It really helped us to notice how important the church really is! It also helped us to remember what is really important in life (family and the church). You taught us to appreciate the gospel and to live it, not just know it. Hope this is what you are looking for...


This past week has been a pretty crazy one! On Tuesday we went around and said good-bye to everyone. It was a lot harder than I thought! I really have come to love Dichemso, the area, the ward, everyone, and so it was hard to go around and say a final good-bye to everyone! Lots of these people I will probably never see again, but It was sweet just to be able to see all of them and say good-bye. It was sweet to talk to my recent converts and hear them just thank me for what I had helped them to find. It really hit me that they recognize the significant of us meeting and them being baptized! I will really miss all of them, but know that they are others that I need to find! Also on Tuesday we had a combined district meeting with the whole zone. Again it was hard to say good bye to the guys in the zone especially with the mission being split! I felt in a way that I was saying good bye to my sons and brothers. We had all become very close, and it is my hope that some will come down in 5 weeks on transfer! I will miss them all! They were a great group of guys and great missionaries! I gave my "last words of advice" and talked to them about something that Rob said in this last newsletter about "Finding Joy in the Journey!" As I read the newsletter and read what Rob wrote, I knew that was what I should share with them! It went really well and I hope that they will find joy in the journey of these 2 years! I feel like I am a Kumasi boy, that is my home! But this is where the Lord needs me, and who knows maybe I will get to go back up when it splits!


Then on Wednesday I traveled down to Sekondi! The zone is very young and small! There are about 14 missionaries in the whole zone (my district in Kumasi was bigger) and apart from me and my companion, the next oldest person on mission has been out for 6 months! So it is really young. But that is good because now is the time that you can instill correct principles and really help each one to become powerful missionaries! As I have been here for some small time I think that I am here to help set the foundation for the zone and get it running so that it will be a firm and powerful zone for the future! All of the missionaries in the zone seem great and to have a good desire to work so I am excited to work with them! We spent Wednesday night in our apartment, and then spent all of Thursday moving into a new apartment. Then on Friday we spent the day helping another set of Missionaries move into a new apartment, and all of Saturday painting an old apartment that the missionaries are not in! So Sunday was really the first and only day that we have really had thus far in our own area haha! But from what we have seen it is a good area! There is lots of work to be done, and we are kind of starting everything from the beginning! We will have to find people to teach and really work with the members to get referrals! We are in a ward, with about 175-200 members! It is a really big ward and the members seem great! They seem to have a desire for the work and announce that in every meeting that we need referrals! They are really nice, and really want to help us! One lady even offered to prepare dinner us every Tuesday and Friday! They are all really great and I look forward to working with them! The other companionship in our apartment is also new. It is Elder Dalton (been out for 4 months) and he is training a new missionary, Elder Kalahiki-Anthony from Hawaii! They are both really cool guys and will be great apartment mates! All of us are new to the area so we are trying to figure everything out! My companion is Elder Omini! He has been in my apartment in both Mankessim and Sunyani so I already know him really well! He is very nice, works really hard! We will get along well he is a great guy! One really good thing about the area is that most people can speak English! That is a big plus and makes things a lot easier! It helps that it is right on the coast! I love seeing the ocean! It was awesome!!!! I love the beach and seeing it again made me realize how much I miss it! It brought back a lot of memories back to my mind!


We have zone council coming up on Wednesday! It should be pretty good! Elder Hair the AP and Marimeria have been coming out to help everyone move and help show us around! Well I have to go!!! I Love you guys a lot and miss you all so much!!!! Thanks for all that you do for me!!! I love you!!!


Love your son and brother


Elder Ryan S. Alba


No comments:

Post a Comment