Dear Family:
Happy Thanksgiving!!! I know I'm a little late, but I am so grateful for all of you and all the love and support you give me!!! Our thanksgiving feast consisted of fried rice and chicken! The fried rice very good and all over the place! I love it!
So first things first: I get letters and packages almost every Monday. The pouch will arrive and then they take them to our zone leaders. We usually do things as a zone on Mondays so we get letters and packages every Monday. So keep sending them!!! I love to hear from you all! I did get my package this week!!! It came some time during the week and then I got it at the baptism on Saturday because the office couple also go out and teach and they had a baptism along with us so they brought it. They are the Saunders and Elder Saunders is way into golf! It's nice being able to talk to him about golf!!!!!! The package was great! Thank you so much!! Can you guess my favorite part? The photo album! I love being able to see pics of everyone! Thank you so much!!! I haven't opened the Christmas stocking, saving that, and the shirt too!!! But thank you so much!! Keep them coming!
So to answer some questions, we have 135 missionaries here in Ghana. The branch I'm in has about 60-80 members. We need a new building though. We meet in an old school, but no room is big enough for everyone. The missionaries always end up seating outside in the hall for everyone. But they have the land for a chapel, just need to start building it.
This week has been a good week. It's gone by really pretty fast to be honest. We taught a lot as usually about 30 lessons or so. We are teaching a lot and have some really good investiagators. We have 2 scheduled for baptism on the 11, so happy birthday dad that will be my gift :), and then about 5 or so for Christmas. I really hope all will go well with them. The baptism this week, she was able to be baptized!!! So all was well and she was able to be baptized! I got to baptize her!! It was a really cool experience!! I also baptized about 6-7 others who were taught by missionaries in different districts in our zone. It just amazes me the difference the gospel can bring to peoples life! This lady is so much happier now! It's almost as though the gospel has brought her back to life. When I first met her she seemed sad and mad all the time. But as we taught her and now you can see the changes that has occured in her. It's just amazing!!! I hope and pray that I will have many more of these! It's not just about baptizing a lot of people, but really helping as many people as you can better their lives, become happier, and come unto Christ! That's really what matters! I am grateful that I have the opportunity to help these people come to know of these things.
Forgot to say, so we hired a Trotro (huge vans that act kind of like buses here in Ghana) to take everyone to the baptizim. It was in Yamoransa because other missionaries were having baptisms and there is a font there. But the driver bailed on us last minute and we had to go clear down to the station to get another. We finally got one and made it to the baptism. Amazing how hard the advisary works to try and stop the work of the Lord. But light always prevails darkness!!
No comments:
Post a Comment