Dear Family:
I'M SO SORRY I DIDN'T EMAIL TILL NOW!!!!! And sorry for the scary photo's Elder Zoll posted (don't worry the van was not ours and the new AP's are doing pretty good at driving). We have just been really busy getting everything ready for the split and making sure that everything is in order. But I am very sorry!!!! I have wanted to email all week but just got the chance! That is great for Taylor!!! It is very surprising but that is great|! And yes I did get the both packages!! They are great thank you so much!!! I got the one with my card and camera last Monday before we left to Accra!!!
So let's begin with last week....
On Monday the departing elders arrived. We took them all to Cape Coast Castle and then over to the mission home for the departing testimony meeting. It is so crazy that Elder Bunker is going home. My "father" on mission has finally reached the end of his two years! He has served hard, was a wonderful companion, and I know that we are going to be life long friends. He even came and stayed the night over at our apartment for the night since he served with me and Elder Nzuki. The evening meeting was great! Every time I hear the testimonies of the departing Elders it makes me reflect back on my mission up to this point and really see how much I have grown and changed. It is crazy to think that in just a little over 3 months I will be standing in their shoes.
The next morning we woke up early and it was off to Accra. The highlight of the whole day was Brother Davis!!!! We all went inside and I got my clothes and went into the first room while we waited for the session to begin, and there was Bro. Davis sitting right down waiting for me!!! That was my first time seeing him since I had left Mankessim! I began to get teary eyed and the session hadn't even begun! He looked great and so excited for what was to come! We were his Escorts!! We went inside and had one of the most amazing experience of my life! There we were, the three of us, sitting together in the Ghana Accra temple ready for the session to begin. Elder Bunker was on the left, Brother Davis in the middle, and I was on the right. It was an amazing session! He was amazed and you could tell was absorbing the whole experience! As I walked into the Celestial, there he was waiting for me. He gave me a huge hug, the entire time thanking me for all that I had done; little did he know that I was the one who wanted to thank him for the wonderful opportunity he had blessed me with. Tears began to flow as I felt the so Spirit so strongly bearing witness to my soul that he was one of the reasons I was here in Ghana. That, today, was the whole meaning and purpose of us meeting with, teaching, and converting Brother Kwasi Davis! We had not only prepared him for Baptism white, but Temple white as well, and we got to witness both journeys in his life; an opportunity that is one in a million. I will never forget the Spirit that I felt that day! Both Elder Bunker and I continued to smile and nod our heads in amazement as we saw what the Lord was able to accomplish! We were able to help Bro. Davis continue to take the steps necessary, partake in the ordinances and covenants that are going to help him return back to the presence of God. It was an experience I will never forget!
We then took the Elders to the Accra Airport, said our good byes and left. All of those elders had served faithfully and nobly and were about to take that next step in life. We went to the Accra mall, ate some pizza, and headed to to the MTC. This group seems to be great missionaries! It was crazy to think that some would be joining the new mission, but all will be wonderful additions to the mission. After a long, hot night at the MTC, it was up at 5 am and off for Cape Coast. During the ride I had an experience I will never forget. As I thought about being here, the Spirit helped me to see and know that I was here this time not just to help others but to help myself. I was here to learn all that I can, to learn and develop attributes/habits that are going to help me at a later time in my life.
Transfers went really well, everyone got where they needed to be and now it is semi-official, the mission is split. It is official in the fact that we know who is going to be where, but unofficial because the new mission pres. is not here. The rest of last week we we went on splits with some of the other elders in Sekondi/Takoradi. Splits went well, the elders are beginning to incorporate the things we have been teaching them and beginning to see the fruits of it.
So now on to this week...
So this week we were supposed to have a mission tour with Elder C. Scott Grow of the 70, however his wife got sick so it was cancelled, but instead Pres./Sis/Us went and did district meetings up in Kumasi/Sunyani to say our good-byes. We were asked to reiterate the importance of working with members. We talked about how the elders really just need to trust in the Lord and do it. Don't just try and do it, just do it. We talked about how an investigator is truly prepared for baptism when they are not only taught everything, but have friends in the ward. We also said our good-byes. It was sad to say good-bye to my mission friends, many of whom I know I will not meet again in this life, but the split is going to be great and is what was needed. I will miss all of them but look forward to our reunion just like the Sons of Mosiah and Alma the younger. It was sad to see Sunyani and then Kumasi in the rearview mirror as we left, but I know that pretty soon I will have the same view just from the window of a plane:)
This week has been crazy! We have also been training the new AP's up there. They are ready and will do a great job. It was kind of funny, we really only had 1 day to train them so it was kind of like unload your brain of all that you know that they need to know and hope that they remember. But I am not too worried, they will do great and a lot of it depends on what the new mission pres. will expect of them. Plus we will be just a phone call away:)
I am really going to miss Kumasi and Sunyani, I have spent half my mission there! I will miss all the Elders, the Zoll's, recent converts/old areas, everything! I will always love that place, but I am excited to see what is going to come in the future!!!!
Well I really do miss you guys!!!!! I really do love you all so much and appreciate all that you do for me!!! Love you all!
Love your son and brother
Elder Ryan S. Alba
Ryan in front of the Accra Temple
Elder Bunker, Bro. Davis, and Ryan
Bro. Davis and Ryan
Ryan, Elder Bunker, and Elder Nzuki
Ryan in front of the Accra MTC
Ryan, Elder Nzuki, and the new Kumasi AP's
No comments:
Post a Comment