Monday, May 28, 2012

May 28, 2012

Dear Family:

Hey everyone!!!! How was your week? Wow I can't believe that today is memorial day!?! That is crazy! Time really is flying right on by!!!! May has almost come and gone and june is just around the corner. So what's new back at home!

First of all, thank you very much mom for your little note that you wrote during the week. I didn't read it until today, but when I saw the day that it was sent, I knew that your mother's intuition was working! I needed that note on that day so thank you very much! It came at the right time!!! You are the best and i love you!

So happy birthday to Emily and Congratulations to Tia Chacha!!! This is going to be a great week for everyone! And the doctor visits all seem like they will be perfect! That is exactly what I was hoping for, to be able to go to all them asap so that way I am ready for the next step on the journey of life! That is exciting and I am looking forward to that!

Also did I tell about how last week Elder Eldredge and I had to go to accra and pick up our licenses? Did I tell you we got to eat at KFC and eat a real doughnut at a grocery store there in Accra? It was amazing!!!!!! if that is what food is like back home, I have a feeling I better buy a gym membership so that way I can workout and burn off all the fat i could gain just from eating when I come home:)

This past week has been super busy but has been a great week as well! We traveled last Monday up to Kumasi, then Tues. we had zone conferences with the Bantama and Asuoyeboa zones, Wed. with Dichemso and Asokwa zones, then Thurs. we traveled up to Sunyani, and then Fri. had the zone conference in Sunyani, then drove Sat. from Sunyani to Cape Coast! It has been super busy, non-stop, but it has been awesome! All of the zone conferences have been amazing! In each of the conferences we have zone leaders instruct on gospel conversations (conversations we have with people where first try and actually have a conversation with them, and then introduce the gospel) and then Elder Nzuki and I instruct on working with the members and how working with the members begins as they set goals/make plans to work with them in their companionship study. We talk about giving members specific assignments that will help in the conversion/retention process of our investigators. Then Sis. Shulz talks about helping the investigators to experience a change of heart not just teaching them all the lessons. And then pres. teaches about the godhead, he said that at the mission President seminar the Brethren said that with all the focus the church has put in to show that we are a christian church and that we believe in Jesus Christ, that sometimes we ourselves as members tend to forget the importance and role of the Father. So President does a wonderful job at teaching the doctrine of the Godhead, reminding us of truths that we sometimes take for granted. Once he finishes he and Sis. Shulz talk about the love they have for all of us and the importance of being exactly obedient/the blessings it can bring not just here on mission, but after as well. The entire conference is great, and as we have gone around we can see that it is helping to teach the missionaries the more effective way to work. To not just be hard working missionaries, but also smart working missionaries. Now they just need to apply it and see the result!

We have been doing a lot of driving around, but it has been enjoyable. With the way traffic and everything is here, when I come home I am going to be pro at driving! After the conferences, while Pres. is interviewing the missionaries, Sis. Shulz and Elder Nzuki and I go around and do apartment checks of all the apartments. It has been fun being able to drive around and just talk with her. We have been able to get to know each other more, share experiences, seek advice and guidance, etc. It has been great just being able to talk with her. This is way fun being able to be work so closely with Pres. and Sis. Shulz. You get to work with them and interact with them in a different way and be able to see them really like family! Pres. and Sis. Shulz are amazing people! I have really enjoyed working with them and learning from them!

Thank you so much for all that you guys are doing for me! I love you and miss you a lot!!

Love your son and brother

Elder Ryan Alba

No comments:

Post a Comment