Dear Family:
Happy Birthday Mom!!!!
Hey everyone!!!! How has your week been? What's new back on the home front? Sounds like everyone has been really busy!
So this past week we went on splits twice, once out in Sekondi and then the other out in Swedru. The first one was on Tuesday out in Sekondi. We attended their district meeting in the morning. It was supposed to be the zone council report when the zone leaders are to report back what we talked about at zone council to their zone, Elder Nzuki and asked to speak at the end of the meeting and gave the instruction about companionship study and working with the members! It went well.
The second splits was with the Winneba Elders out in Swedru. It was Elder Rasmussen and Okaka! They too are doing a great job and working really hard! There was a festival that day out in Winneba so the town was sworming with people and music and dancing all day long! It was fun to walk around and see all the festivities of the day. We woke up early that day, 4:00 am to help some other Elders in that zone to get water. They had ran out so we had to go to another town in Swedru and order a truck to bring water to them! But it was a fun day and I was glad I got to help them!
For zone council we will instruct on working with the members and how it relates to companionship study. We can be more effective in comp. study as we plan to use the members and set goals in comp. study to give members assignment that will help our investigators: ie. call them, sit with them in church, give specific parts of the lesson to them to teach, visit them and share scripture with them, etc. It should be a good instruction and really help the mission out! That is what the mission needs right now. The stake/ward leaders working together with the Elders and Sisters. Work with them, become friends with them, and then unitedly we can be a blessing to the investigator!
This week I have reflected a lot on the gift of agency. Second to life itself, agency is the next greatest gift god has given to his children! I read today the talk given by Pres. Monson, "the 3 R's of choice", it is one of my favorite talks!! It is so important that we use this gift wisely! We all chose in the beginning to follow the Savior, all we need to do is choose to follow Him again! Agency is such a great and eternal gift! I am grateful for it and how it teaches us to always follow the Lord!
I love you guys so much!!! I miss you and want you to now how grateful I am for the sacrifices you make on my behalf!
Love your son and brother
Elder Ryan S. Alba
No comments:
Post a Comment