Dear Family:
Hey everyone! How's it going? What's new? What's going on back at the home front?
So this past week has been pretty good. We went on splits a couple of times during the week. Both were great experiences and were my first splits as a Zone Leader. I learned a lot from them and I hope that they too learned from me.
Tomorrow we have Zone Conference and Elder Kouakou and I will be instructing for 15 minutes on Obedience. I’m pretty nervous and am really praying that all goes well. I hope that the Spirit will guide our thoughts and words so that we will be able to say what needs to be said. It will be great to learn from Pres. Shulz, this is technically his first zone conference, so it will be good to learn from him.
So I found out today that I had three of my investigators up in Sunyani get baptized on Saturday. It was great to hear that they were able to finally be baptized. Each has such a different story. I am so happy for each one of them!
The Dichemso ward is a great ward. It has great leaders who know what they are doing and they are all really friendly to us. It is our goal right now to really become friends with the members, know them and where they stay, so that we will be able to get more referrals from them. Right now our teaching pool is pretty small.
Our one really solid investigator. He is a young guy, 30’s, but really has a desire to learn and live this gospel. He comes to church every week and institute during the week, and was just really prepared to hear this gospel. This past week we gave him a baptismal date and he accepted and really wants to be baptized. We have been having great lessons with him and you can see the light the gospel is bringing into his life.
So I finished the entire Bible about two weeks ago so I am now trying to go cover to cover and continue with the Book of Mormon and then the D&C and then Pearl of Great Price! Reading Jesus the Christ has really strengthened my love and trust in the Savior. Reading about all that He did, taught, experienced has really opened my eyes. I love that book and hopefully will be finishing it very soon.
Oh and the last package was great: the pants where great, the cupcakes and twinkies lasted, everything was perfect. But the two things I thought of were a power converter for the outlets and then also a new journal just like you sent me before and like Chris gave me. It looks like those journals last me about 6 months so right around my year mark is when I will need a new one. But whatever you
send will be great! I love packages! They make me feel like I am back home!
Well my time is up, but know that I love you guys and appreciate all the sacrifices you make on my behalf! You are the best family! Know that I am always thinking and praying for you guys! Continue to pray for me and for the work! I love you guys! Until next week
Love your son and brother,
Elder Ryan S. Alba
No comments:
Post a Comment