Dear Family,
Hey everyone! How is it going? What's new? What's going on in the real world? I really enjoyed that email about the facebook updates and to hear what all those people were saying! Sometimes you can't help but wonder if people other than you guys remember who I am so that was great!
So last week a member of the ward told us that there was a preacher who has been preaching in her area that was preaching against the church. She was really concerned because she could see the influence the man was having on the people in her area. So we told her to call us at any time that he was there and we would go. Well on thursday we were on our way to go on splits with some elders in our zone when she called us. I felt like we needed to go and talk to the man so we got back in a taxi and went to meet the preacher. We got there and he was there on the microphone with huge speakers and was preaching. We walked over to him and he began to say that he knew who we were and why we were there. We just told him that we wished to speak with him and he said that we couldn't until he was finished; so we waited. The rest of his preaching you could see that he was nervous and wasn't really focused on his preaching, like something else (us) were on his mind. He finished his preaching and immediately turned off the microphone and put it away and then invited us to come and talk with him. We began to talk small with him and just explained that we had heard he had been talking about our church and that we just wanted to explain somethings to him. He began asking about the BOM and saying we have our own bible, we are adding to the bible, and all of these things. Elder Kouakou did an amazing job. He was just baring a very powerful testimony of the BOM and trying and helping to answer all of the questions that he and other people who came over had. The man began to say that he "needed to go somewhere" and got up and left. He was scared of being proved wrong in front of all those people so he left. Elder Kouakou really has the gift of tongues. (He couldn't speak english when he came, only french but he picked up english and twi without learning it and can learn any language very easily) He began to speak in twi telling the people that if the truly wanted to know the truth they could come an talk with us and we would help them. He told them about how the man was fleeing because he knew he was wrong. There were some people who were interested and invited us to come and speak with them and we were able to clear up the confusion that they were having. It was a powerful experience!
The baptism went through this past saturday so a young 19 year old girl was baptized. It went really well despite having a wedding, and a Relief Society conference going on at the same time of the baptism. This Saturday we are having another baptism, this time two guys. One of them, we taught yesterday and said that since he has been learning he has had a great desire to be baptized. He said he has been telling the girl he likes and who is helping us to teach him, that if he could he wanted to be baptized ASAP. So we taught him the BOM and invited him to be baptized this coming Saturday and he said Yes. She was very happy and excited for him. You can tell that she cares for him too.
I am doing well! I am healthy and trying to do all that I can. As one year is approaching I can't help but think "Wow one year already! Where has the time gone?" It is also amazing to think that I have one year left. But I am grateful that I still have one year. I feel like there is more for me to do here and more people that I can help.
Lately I have been thinking a lot, just about everything, and the things that I have been learning. My testimony has really increased as I have taken the time to think and really ponder all that I have learned and think about who I really am. I have really seen the potential that I have, because I am a son of God. I have seen how all the teachings and doctrines of the church are true and how everything ties in perfectly together. I have really enjoyed this time I have had, and know that there are many more great things the Lord can teach me as I continue to ponder.
I love you all so much and appreciate all that you do for me! My time is up, but until next week! Also next week is transfer news so I will let you know what happens...
Love your son and brother
Elder Ryan S. Alba
No comments:
Post a Comment