Dear Family:
Hello Family!!!!!! How are things going? Things are great here in Fiapre and we have been working very hard! This week we only had 19 lessons, but this past week we kind of “sort out the wheat from the tares” and really focus on certain investigators. But we have worked very hard and done our best to bring our investigators unto to Christ!
Before I forget, I forgot to mention that last week when we went to Kumasi we had pizza! It was legit pizza and tasted like one from back home! I was in shock and devoured the whole thing! Funny how you miss things like that from back home! But it was great!
So this week, as I said, we tried to focus on certain investigators and try to help them get a baptism date! This week we got two of our investigators baptismal dates! Their names are Meshack and Dora, not married two different people. So Meshack: I have told you about Meshack before, but this week we met with him almost everyday. This week we taught him the Doctrine of Christ and he accepted the invitation to be baptized. He said he had not yet been baptized and feels like he needs to be. He is 22 and will be a very strong member of the church! As we taught him the Plan of Salvation, he was asking great questions and understood and believed everything! The JW's have been trying to teach him as well, but told us he doesn't like their teachings. He would tell us what they said, and then we would ask, “Well, what do you think about it?” He would say he doesn't believe the JW's and tell us what he believes and every time it was what the Church believes! It has been great! He will be great and even told us that one day he wants to go on a mission!
Dora is the other investigator! She is a young, single mother and is working hard to met ends meet. She has become one of our good friends. We met with her almost everyday as well. She really enjoys what we teach her and believes it as well, but had seemed like she likes her church too much to leave ti. We taught her the Doctrine of Christ and invited her to be baptized. She told us she had been baptized in her church, but she didn't receive the Holy Ghost. We taught her about in Acts the account of people baptized again because they didn't receive the Holy Ghost. She was thinking very hard about it, and then said, “Well in my church I can't be baptized again.” We then reviewed authority with her and invited her to be baptized in our church. I told her that in our church she could be baptized in our church, receive the Holy Ghost, and have it done by someone who has the correct authority! It was very powerful and she accepted! She said that she believe in our church and would begin to prepare for baptism and come to church. It was great! Hopefully all goes well for these two! The date is set for April 16th. at the end of the transfer and would be the first baptism in this area which has been open for now four transfers! It would be sweet!
So we had the leadership council this week as well. It was great! Pres. talked about obedience and the importance of it. He then introduced a new teaching plan to us. Do you remember the Promise Pattern I told you about? So what we have done is now combined that with the Doctrine of Christ! It is very powerful and will be the lesson we teach the first lesson. The cool part about this is that Elder Bunker and I began to do this same teaching pattern when I was in Mankessim. We taught it when we were on splits with the Zone Leaders when i was there and in the next Zone Conference the Zone Leaders talked about how we taught this (I think this was my first Zone Conference.) Now Pres. has adapted it! Not saying that we had any impact or influence on this, but it is cool to see it now in effect! It was great!
We then had the Unit Conference the next day. We watched a special meeting that happened about three months ago that featured Pres. Packer, Elder Oaks, Sis. Dibb, that was for all of Africa. It was very powerful and was great. Then the evening session Pres. talked about three things that were restored with the Restoration of the Gospel : Authority, Plan of Salvation, and Eternal Marriage. It was very powerful and was just what the people needed to hear!
This week I have thought a lot about all of you, not like in a home sick way, but just you guys were on my mind. I was thinking back on all the good old times! I really realized how much I love and appreciate all of you do for me! Each one of you have had such and impact in my life! I realized how much I took you guys for granted, especially Mom and Dad! I am very sorry! I have always loved you guys and appreciated all that you have done in for me! Even if at times it didn't seem like I appreciated what you did for me, I have always appreciated and loved you! Being here has really helped put things in perspective! Know that I love you and appreciate everything you have done, do now, and will do! Words cannot express my love and appreciation for you!
Today I bought some really cool things for way cheap! You know me:)
Thanks Love you guys!
Love your son and brother
Elder Ryan S. Alba
No comments:
Post a Comment