Dear Family:
Finally, finally I get to email!!! All week I have been wanting and waiting to email, but we have been so busy going many different places and running everywhere that we just haven't been able to! Really I am so sorry, but know that I thought of you guys every step of the way!!! How is everything back at home? What is new? How is everything going?
I am glad you were able to go to the homecomings, especially Elder Briggs. He was a great Elder, someone I really respected and one of my good friends on mission! He is a great guy!
So these past week and this current week: We have been really busy trying to get everything ready for this coming transfer. Elder Kinikini as I said will be coming here to replace me, and so he came with us to get a license in a Accra. But there was one small problem, his license back at home had expired! So he was not able to get in Accra. So all of last week we were traveling around throughout the whole mission to find a DVLA that would allow us to get a license, but no luck! So on Monday early in the morning we had to travel all the way up to Sunyani! Pres. knew a member up there that could help us so we got permission from Pres. Holmes to go up there to get the license. So we spent Monday traveling all the way up to Sunyani, and then spent the night in Fiapre! We then went early the morning to the DVLA and the bishop was able to help us get a license for him! It was a miracle! So we left there and due to traffic had to spend the night in Kumasi, but the very next day, Wednesday, we were to have a meeting in which Pres/Sis Shulz were instructing and us as well. So we woke up at 3:15 am and left Kumasi by 4. We arrived in Cape Coast just in time to shower, get ready and go to Takoradi for the meeting with that zone. Then yesterday we had the meeting again out there with the other zone! Talk about busy!!!! And no sleep:) But it is all good! We are glad to have the license an to be able to get everything ready for what is to come!
It was weird to go back up to Kumasi! Things have really changed up there, both in the mission and to the area. I really miss that place! We weren't able to see people due to time, but it was good just to be there again and to hear about everyone is: the missionaries, RC, etc. I loved the time that I had to serve up in the North, Sunyani and Kumasi! I will always miss those places, but I know the Lord has placed me here for a reason!
Well I have to go! I love you guys!!! I missed you guys a lot, especially this past week! But I was always thinking of you and praying for you! I have the best family in the world! Love you guys!
Love your son and brother
Elder Ryan S. Alba
No comments:
Post a Comment