Dear Family:
Hi everyone! How's it going? What's going back at home? What's new? Sorry I was not able to email yesterday, we went golfing with Elder Zoll and some of the other missionaries (I played bad but had some good shots) and we got stuck in traffic. It took forever to get out of there. We finished golfing by 3, and didn't get home until 8! It was pretty bad, but we also had to go visit some sick Elders and take them some medicine. The ironic thing is that today I am sick. Don't worry!!!!
This week has again been a really busy week for us! We traveled down to Cape Coast on Tuesday, spent the night. On Wednesday we had the Zone Council and then traveled back to Kumasi. Thursday we went and visited with some Elders in the zone. Friday we traveled to one of the areas in the Zone that is kind of far away to do a baptism interview, Saturday we went to Sunyani with Elder and Sister Zoll to show them around and then that evening we had our fireside, Sunday church and then proselyting. So it was a very busy week for us!
Zone Council was good. We ate really good food the night we stayed at the mission home, and got a hot shower which was way nice. We really just focused on how we can accomplish the mission goal and train the units/branches/wards on how to organize mission plans and help get the members involved. It was a good meeting! Pres. Shulz is doing a great job and is doing the kind of things that the mission, and Ghana really need at this moment! Great things are about to be happening!
So Elder and Sister Bennett, the Senior Couple in Sunyani have actually gone home. Elder Bennett was having heart problems and so the mission doctor said it would be best if they went home to have it checked on and all that. So the Zoll's are now in charge of Kumasi and Sunyani so since I knew Sunyani we went up there with them to show them around and will probably be going up there with them quite a bit. It was great to see Sunayni again and see some of the unit leaders again. I enjoyed that a lot and look forward to maybe being able to see some people up there again. After Sunyani we had our fireside which went really well. I gave a talk and based it on Elder Eyrings Liahona article in February called "How Great Shall be your Joy." We then talked about the ward mission plan and handed out those referral slips. We shall see how that goes! BUt the fireside was great!
Well my time is up! I love you guys so much! Thank you for all that you do for me! I know that this is not just a sacrifice on my part, but on yours as well. Thank you for this chance and opportunity! I pray for you each and every day and hope all is well! Until next week (Tuesday):)
Love your son and brother
Elder Ryan S. Alba
No comments:
Post a Comment