Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Letter #2

Oct 24, 2010


Dear Family,


Sorry the letter last time was so short. I realized now that I can just continue writing and put them in separate letters. Wow so this week has been incredibly busy. Every day is jam packed full of things. You do so much and it feels like you don’t have any time left. I have ten days remaining here at the MTC. It seems kind of like a lot but at the same time I know that in those ten days a lot will happen and so I know it really isn’t very long.

Every day here is pretty similar. Arise at 6:00 am, wait in line to shower, personal study, breakfast, class instruction, lunch, companion study, class, MDT, Gym, dinner, Class instruction, snack, bed. That is the typical day in the MTC. I have no sense of days or time anymore. So much occurs in one day you would think it took place in 3 day.


Things are going well though. I’m learning a lot!! But there is still much to learn. I need to memorize more scriptures and really be able to teach at anytime. Yes I know the information but I need to be able to just speak and be ready to teach whenever or wherever.


The teachers are really great. All are RMs of some time but they really know their stuff. I pray I can become like them. I have lots of friends here. Everyone is very friendly and very nice. So many different languages are spoken here. Everyone speaks an average of 5 languages. In the MTC only French and English are spoken. It has taken time to get used to their pronunciation but it is coming along. Here people speak their tribal language, French, English, pigeon English, and Fenti I have come to learn that many people in Cape Coast speak Fenti. So I must learn it. I will teach in English but it will help me find people to teach.


My companion, Elder Nzuki, is great. He and I get along really well. He knows a lot but keeps it simple which is great. We also are companions with Elder Ajir. His companion has not yet arrived and I’m not sure if he will. He is really nice and knows the scriptures really well.


The food here is good. I actually really enjoy it. We eat lots of oatmeal or porridge, bread and butter and hot chocolate for breakfast. Then lunch and dinner is chicken and rice and vegetables. Fruit is always for dessert. I’m eating and enjoying everything!! :) Mom and Dad you’d love the pineapple. It’s great!!


I’m getting used to the heat. Drilux are the best!


On Thursday, we went to the temple. It was great! I enjoyed it a lot. Everyone who had not been through the temple got to go. I loved being there but I love the Salt Lake Temple. I went into the temple wanting to be recharged and get a little more motivation. I got it!! I had a very sacred experience there and I felt the presence of special people. It was an answer to my prayers!


I’m doing good! I miss you a lot but continue to work and learn.Continue to pray for me and the other missionaries. I’m doing ok as a District Leader. I have a good district. I know that being a real District Leader is different but it is good practice.


I love you and miss you!! I read your letters and feel closer to you!! Tell everyone HI. I appreciate all you have done for me!


With Love,

Elder Alba


PS The package from Yates’ nephew was great! Thanks. Tell me what’s going on at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment